Senior Technical Support Specialist Level 1
Telexperts is a Manitoba-based company specializing in voice and data solutions. With over three decades of experience and a commitment to innovation and excellence, Telexperts recognizes that finding the right technological solution varies from business to business.
We offer a full range of voice products, data networking solutions and cloud services from our trusted partners Mitel, Toshiba and Shaw Communications. Combining the right technology with the proper design, implementation, training and ongoing support provides our clients with the best possible return on their investment.
The Senior Technical Support Specialist will be responsible for managing issues with client computer systems, peripherals, and networks. They will provide end-user support over the phone, via email, and in person. They will be responsible for investigating and diagnosing issues, tracking tasks and time, and researching and implementing solutions.
The Senior Technical Support Specialist will proactively monitor and maintain client computer infrastructure and remediate issues as appropriate; recommend solutions to meet client business needs; provide end-user training; and work with vendors and support staff to solve issues and implement technology projects.
- Designing and implementing complete network solutions including networking, server, AD, printers and client software.
- Provide solutions to clients by investigating reported issues, determining root cause, and implementing the solution
- Provide high level of technology support, management, and maintenance for all systems within a business information technology infrastructure including servers, workstations, switches, routers, printers, scanners, copiers, monitors, smartphones, and related devices
- Implement and integrate information technology systems and networks, perform testing, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and maintenance
- Travel to locations throughout the city
- Work with vendors to research and find solutions for clients
- Provide ongoing documentation of technology environment information such as system specifications, network infrastructure, and support procedures
- Participate in on-call rotation service coverage as required
- Provide assistance to other support specialists to ensure timely and effective solutions
- Plan and execute projects including scope and restrictions for the project; identify, estimate, and schedule project activities; and prepare project documents
- Research hardware and software product availability, pricing, and specifications
- Maintain and ensure confidentiality of all client data
KEY COMPETENCIES, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 3–5 years experience in support, maintenance, and implementation of computer technology in a business environment
- Post-secondary degree, diploma, or certifications, preferably in Computer Systems Technology, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to rapidly establish and maintain a good working relationship with customers and other professionals
- Ability to prioritize and manage many tasks and projects at once
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft workstation operating systems including Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8
- Knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems including Window Server 2008 – 2012R2, Small Business Server 2003 and 2008, 2011
- Thorough knowledge of computer hardware functionality including workstation components, printers, scanners, monitors, and smartphones
- Comprehensive knowledge of networking protocols including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, POP, IMAP, FTP, and related protocols
- Strong organization, time management, and communication skills, with a demonstrated commitment to continuous professional development
- Extensive knowledge of common business applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Antivirus suites
- Strong ability to work independently, learn quickly, research and find information effectively, and meet deadlines
- Detail oriented with excellent problem solving skills and ability to adapt quickly to changing tasks and priorities
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle required
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Company pension
- Company car
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
Additional pay: Overtime pay
Schedule: 8 hour day shift
"*" indicates required fields